Adopt a dog or puppy from us
From Chihuahuas to German Shepherds, young lively puppies, or golden oldies, here at New Lives we have all kinds of breeds coming through our doors searching for their second chance at life.
Why adopt from us?
We pride ourselves on re-homing happy and healthy animals into their new forever families. Our team has over twenty years animal handling and behaviour experience, so with our expertise and passion for rehoming we'll match you up with your new buddy!
Welcome a happy, healthy dog into your home. Prior to adoption our dogs and puppies receive:
- Veterinary health check
- Spey and Neuter - no animal leaves our care without been de-sexed!
- Vaccinations are vital for the health of your animal, all dogs/pups will receive at least their first vaccination whilst in our care
- Our dogs are all micro-chipped, and registered on the New Zealand Companion Animal Register.
- Council Registered
- Treated for flea's and worms
- 30 Days free pet insurance* (T&C's apply)
We love it when people chose to adopt a dog or puppy from us, whilst welcoming a new animal into your home is very exciting you must remember it's a lifetime commitment.
Personality and compatibility
Each animal has a very different and unique personality and nature, and all have had very different past experiences. Prior to advertising our animals for adoption their behaviours are carefully observed, we soon learn what they are like with other animals, children, and how they deal with different situations. All of our ads state the kind of lifestyle and home that is best suited to the animal. We ask that you please read the adoption profiles carefully prior to sending adoption interest.
Property checks and fencing
To adopt a dog/puppy from New Lives you must have a fully fenced and secure property to keep the dog/pup safely contained. The dog/pup must be allowed inside the house, including sleeping indoors overnight. We will not rehome to any situation where the dog/pup will be chained or tethered.
A property check will be conducted prior to adoption.
The adoption fee for all dogs differs - under 8 years old is normally between $280.00 and $350.00, this will be stated in the individual adoption advert. For dogs aged 8 years old and older, the adoption fee will be stated in the adoption profile. The adoption fee goes towards some of the costs associated with desexing, vaccination, veterinary care etc.
ALL of our animals are desexed prior to adoption. This is not negotiable under any circumstances.
**PLEASE note that our adoption criteria is NOT negotiable. ALL dogs/puppies will receive the above treatment. Dogs/Puppies will NOT be rehomed to houses where they are not allowed indoors (including sleeping indoors at night), we do NOT rehome dogs/puppies to unfenced properties, or homes where they will be chained or tethered.
We do not adopt our animals on a first in first serve policy. We adopt our animals to homes that are best matched for the specific needs/personality of the animal. New Lives Animal Rescue reserve the right to decline any adoption application. Please do not be offended if your application for an animal is unsuccessful.
Register your adoption interest
Registering your adoption interest!
- Browse our listings of available dogs/puppies (all dogs and puppies that are available for adoption are listed here, Facebook and TradeMe)
- Finding a dog/pup that suits your family! Like people dogs come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. We get to know our animals before placing them up for adoption and will state their personalities and energy levels on their individual ads. We'll then match our animals to the most compatible families.
- Do you meet out fencing/property criteria? Both the safety of our dogs and the general public is paramount, therefore we will only adopt dogs/puppies to properties that are fully fenced and dog/puppy proof - a property check will be conducted, so please ensure your place is fully fenced prior to starting your adoption application.
- Contact us! The method for expressing interest for each animal will be stated on the animals adoption profile. Some are phone only and some require an email. Please follow the stated method on the ad and allow a few days for us to process and return your message.
Foster a dog or puppy
Dogs & Puppies available for adoption
Puppies available for adoption now!
Tessie, Scout and Shadow are just three of our eight puppies that are ready to find their new homes!
Their mum is a Whippet x Staffy type breed (she is a slender, medium sized dog) and dad is a large Bull Mastiff… some take after their mum and others their dad, but we really do have no idea how big these puppies will get!
Approximately 8 weeks old, the puppies are growing fast and their little personalities are really coming into their own, they are going to make fantastic additions to the right families! The puppies are well socialised and love been around their human friends and other dogs. They are intelligent, smart, playful pups, who are very quick learners and easy to train!
These pups will be adopted on a desexing contract with the surgery done at our local vet clinic in a few months’ time, so at this stage we are looking for local homes or people prepared to travel back to our vets located in Hamilton/Cambridge at the time of de-sexing.
The cost of the adoption is $250 this includes:
· First vaccination (new owners mustcomplete their vaccination course at their own cost)
· De-sexing (The desexing is non-negotiable and a contract will need to be signed)
· Council registration
· Microchipping with NZ Companion Animal Register
· Up to date with flea and worm treatments
· 30 days free pet insurance* (T&C’s apply)
· small bag of puppy food.
The pups must be allowed to go inside the house and they need some day time companionship as they are far too young to be left on their own for long periods, another dog would be great company for them.
Applications are strictly by email only, please allow 2-3 days for a reply. firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please tell us about the home you are offering, include where you live, other animals on property, children (and ages) in your home, hours away from home each day etc.
Please note that due to limited resource we have a strict adoption process, we are unable to process any adoption application that is not submitted by email. Thank you for your understanding.
Puppies available in this litter:
1. Black & White female - (white face) - Pre-adopted
2. Black male - On hold
3. Black & White female
4. Black male
5. Tessie - Black female (runt) -
6. Black male - Pre-adopted.
7. Shadow - Black male
8. Scout - Black male